Join us on Wednesday 14 April at 12:00 – 13:00 CET for a free webinar on the ‘Impacts of global climate change on Europe’! The H2020 funded RECEIPT and CASCADES projects will reflect on the lessons that can be learnt from COVID-19 for climate preparedness.
The COVID pandemic had highlighted the vulnerability of our global networks. Multiple sectors have been impacted at the same time, an unprecedented systemic impact. This webinar aims to contribute to a stronger dialogue between science and policy and initiate follow-up conversations to coordinate scientific insights with governance efforts. We will give an overview of the projects’ approach to analyse the complex cascading interactions between Europe and the rest of the world.
The webinar will ask the following questions:
- How do hurricanes affect the trade balance between US, Europe and China?
- How exposed is the European private and public financial sector to remote climate events?
- How do climate disasters affect international policies on humanitarian aid and development?
- How can we ensure coherence in European policies?
- What indicators of resilience can reflect the complex interconnectivity of the world?
A 30-minute questions and answers session will allow the participants to explore the topics addressed in more depth.
This online webinar hosted by the H2020 projects CASCADES and RECEIPT, DG CLIMA and EASME.
Stay tuned for a look back on the webinar.
Published on : 09 April 2021