Exploring Innovative Approaches to Understanding and Adapting to Climate Change Impacts and Risks Across Borders
The Horizon 2020 projects CASCADES and RECEIPT are collaborating to host a joint conference on cross-border climate change impacts and systemic risks. The conference, titled “Cross-Border Climate Change Impacts and Systemic Risks in Europe and Beyond,” will be held in Potsdam, Germany from October 16 to 18, 2023, with select sessions available online.
The primary objective of the conference is to provide a platform for interdisciplinary scientists to explore innovative approaches for understanding and adapting to cross-border climate impacts and risks. Through presentations and discussions, attendees will identify knowledge gaps and directions for future research, highlighting the needs that arise from considering cross-border climate impacts, designing actionable research for decision-making, and improving the monitoring of risks.
The conference will feature prominent keynote speakers such as:
- Johan Rockström, Director at Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research & Professor in Earth System Science at the University of Potsdam
- Nicola Ranger, who leads the Resilience and International Development Programme of the Environmental Change Institute at the University of Oxford
- Gabriel Felbermayr, Director of the Austrian Institute of Economic Research (WIFO) in Vienna and university professor at the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU)
- Yasuko Kameyama, Professor at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, University of Tokyo
- Marc Zebisch, Head of the Centre for Climate Change and Transformation at Eurac Research in Bolzano, Italy
- Dhanasree Jayaram, Assistant Professor at the Department of Geopolitics and International Relations, Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), located in Karnataka, India.
Timeline of important dates:
·Abstract submission and registration open: February 28, 2023
·Abstract submission closes: May 10, 2023
·Notification of abstract approval/contributions: May 31, 2023
·Registration closes: July 31, 2023
- The venue for the conference will be the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, with some sessions also offered online.
- For additional details about the conference, please visit the official conference homepage.
- Check out the latest updates and news regarding the event by signing up for the mailing list.
Published on : 02 May 2023